Video camera rocket

Have you got one of the tiny video transmitters off Ebay and are wondering
how to mount it?
Well I got one that is similar to this auction:

Works fine for model rockets.
So I took some pictures and made a page to share how I installed mine.
Here is the link:

So for only $28 you can have a video rocket, too cool.
Watch the shipping charges if you buy one off Ebay.
I know at least 2 people who have bought from sellers from Hong Kong with no
issues but as with anything from Ebay, buyer beware.
RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
intersting concept. flood the market with your product with "listed" price of $0.99. charge $30 shipping. admittedly, even $30 is a good price. especialy if go for the 800mw units
Reply to
tater schuld
>>Watch the shipping charges if you buy one off Ebay.
Reply to
J.A. Michel
How does the transmission image look?
Arnold
Arnold Roquerre
It's acceptable for the price.
RDH8

Robert DeHate
if your smart you will keep your mouth shut otherwise how you gonna get a wireless rig for $30
ALthough the one I got is a royal pain in the ass to get "tuned in"
Chris Taylor

will
Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr
Why would they have that kind of rule? No one is forced to buy it. Take your business elsewhere.
-- David
will
Reply to
David
Does it make sense to pay $6 insurance on a $1 item??? I think not.
I can understand $28 to ship a package half way around the world. I looked into shipping an Estes starter set a similar distance and it came to more than $28.
Bob Kaplow
It allows a much lower minimum to simply charge $28 for handling, your minimum price, and claim a zero basis auction. Attracts more buyers.
Jerry
And it's legal if costs disclosed which it is.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Whoops, I didn't see that it was coming from Hong Kong. I suppose if a guy won the auction for a buck or two, then it would be worth it.
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1
will
Reply to
J.A. Michel
sure they do because ebay wants their cut and they do not get a cut of the shipping charges.
see now :-)
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
Very slick, Robert! Now post some videos!
Reply to
Doug Pratt
I knew someone would ask for video. I only flew it once, and I forgot to re-focus the lens after removing it to 'peek' inside. So it was a bit fuzzy. I did get signal all the way up and down, and it simmed to over 1000'
RDH8

Robert DeHate
Cool. I just won one also. $1 + shipping + insurance = $35.
Robert DeHate wrote:
Reply to
Alex Mericas
Where's the transmeter ?
Dave ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dave Griffith NAR 14156 The R.A.T.T.-works Monterey Machine Products 1504-A Industrial Park Street Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.
MONTMACH
Third base.
Actually, see that little wire coming out the top right of the little black box with the lens?
Dare it bee.
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
I might be second guessing the confusion Dave, but that RCA is NOT video, it's power. The 9V jacks have the female RCA on the other end. The camera and trans are on a little board inside that black box.
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
The transmitter is bujilt into the camera. Tiny huh.
The cable coming out is the power connector.
RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
I wonder how many people pay 6 times the cost of their new auto for the non-liability portion of their auto insurance.
Bob Kaplow
They've got a similar unit that's 800mW, with about twice the range. I might be interested in that, if it can be hooked up to a digital camcorder for recording. The "buy it now" price is just $12, so the total with shipping would be $40.
Reply to
RayDunakin