Video camera rocket

Have you got one of the tiny video transmitters off Ebay and are wondering how to mount it?
Well I got one that is similar to this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item050564642&categoryH632
Works fine for model rockets. So I took some pictures and made a page to share how I installed mine. Here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/rdh82000/VideoRocket/index.htm
So for only $28 you can have a video rocket, too cool. Watch the shipping charges if you buy one off Ebay.
I know at least 2 people who have bought from sellers from Hong Kong with no issues but as with anything from Ebay, buyer beware.
RDH8
intersting concept. flood the market with your product with "listed" price of $0.99. charge $30 shipping. admittedly, even $30 is a good price. especialy if go for the 800mw units
--
Tater
President of MARS Club

No Doubt! $28.00 shipping + $6.00 insurance, and it says 90% of buyers will receive the item in two weeks. What a freaking rip! Doesn't Ebay have rules against these types of shipping charges?
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1
if your smart you will keep your mouth shut otherwise how you gonna get a wireless rig for $30
ALthough the one I got is a royal pain in the ass to get "tuned in"
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

will
Why would they have that kind of rule? No one is forced to buy it. Take your business elsewhere.
-- David

will

It allows a much lower minimum to simply charge $28 for handling, your minimum price, and claim a zero basis auction. Attracts more buyers.
Jerry
And it's legal if costs disclosed which it is.

sure they do because ebay wants their cut and they do not get a cut of the shipping charges.
see now :-)
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

Does it make sense to pay $6 insurance on a $1 item??? I think not.
I can understand $28 to ship a package half way around the world. I looked into shipping an Estes starter set a similar distance and it came to more than $28.
Whoops, I didn't see that it was coming from Hong Kong. I suppose if a guy won the auction for a buck or two, then it would be worth it.
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

will
How does the transmission image look?
Arnold

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item050564642&categoryH632
no
It's acceptable for the price.
RDH8

wondering
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item050564642&categoryH632
with
Very slick, Robert! Now post some videos!

I knew someone would ask for video. I only flew it once, and I forgot to re-focus the lens after removing it to 'peek' inside. So it was a bit fuzzy. I did get signal all the way up and down, and it simmed to over 1000'
RDH8

wondering
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item050564642&categoryH632
with no

Cool. I just won one also. $1 + shipping + insurance = $35.
Robert DeHate wrote:

--
Alex Mericas

Where's the transmeter ?
Dave ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dave Griffith NAR 14156 The R.A.T.T.-works Monterey Machine Products 1504-A Industrial Park Street Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A. http://www.rattworks.com

2
Third base.
Actually, see that little wire coming out the top right of the little black box with the lens?
Dare it bee.
Joel. phx

I might be second guessing the confusion Dave, but that RCA is NOT video, it's power. The 9V jacks have the female RCA on the other end. The camera and trans are on a little board inside that black box.
Joel. phx

black
The transmitter is bujilt into the camera. Tiny huh.
The cable coming out is the power connector.
RDH8

2
They've got a similar unit that's 800mW, with about twice the range. I might be interested in that, if it can be hooked up to a digital camcorder for recording. The "buy it now" price is just $12, so the total with shipping would be $40.

I wonder how many people pay 6 times the cost of their new auto for the non-liability portion of their auto insurance.