Train camera

Hi Everyone

Has anyone had any experiance with the train cameras that are advertised in the model press.?

These are the type that fit in a enclosed coach etc with a pinhole camera and transmitter, that enables the picture to be seen on a TV screen.

any info would be most useful

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Heath

"Bob Heath" a écrit dans le message de news: O70ud.1000$u% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...

lately in a HO freight car. Both videos were very good. Could not belive it: the plane was flying high and far away and the video was recordered straight on a camcorder than later transfered to a PC. The price was pretty low Swiss Frs 188.- (around US$150) complete with video camera, sender, receiver and trancoder for AV connectors. the camera needs a 9V battery and I think the receiver too.

Reply to
Ciana

You can probably buy ready made wagons/coaches with camera/transmitter installed at some vast price, but look into what is available in the way of non-railway specific cameras and transmitters. I noticed one in an Australian electronics ad (large retailer) that looked suitable for mounting in rolling stock for under $200-

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Bob

Take a look on Ebay - search for "Wireless camera" or "spycam".... There are several sellers offering these things for very little money - however, there is usually a catch in that the sellers are in Hong Kong and the like. There are often large P&P charges to add and there is always the chance that customs will slap Excise Duty on the package when it arrives. Having sad all that, I got one for £20 including the camera and receiver and was lucky with customs. The camera works fine, but it needs good light levels to work well and the colour is not very vivid. Still for £20 what do you expect?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Adrian writes

One member of my club picked up a similar camera on Ebay for around £50 (from the UK), we mounted it on a flat wagon and were running it around the garden railway, with it outputting to the TV indoors. (Photo of the arrangement here:

was quite impressive seeing a drivers eye view of the railway, (and showed how sharp some of the curves really were). The only problems were that it took a while to adapt from the dark of the tunnels to the bright sunlight outside, and it didn't handle the vibrations of running over rough trackwork very well.

Reply to
Spyke

or:-

(kim)

Reply to
kim

That isn't wireless - The following items from the same site are :

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

I have had success with one of these, fits in a diesel cab in 00 and will fit in N OK.

Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Someone at Warely had a stand with on train cameras. Asked if I was interested but as I said I did N Gauge they said sorry, not available. I was certain that someone had already achieved on train cameras in N Gauge.

Thanks for the link.

Yoda

Reply to
Yoda