Train camera

Hi Everyone
Has anyone had any experiance with the train cameras that are advertised in the model press.?
These are the type that fit in a enclosed coach etc with a pinhole camera
and transmitter, that enables the picture to be seen on a TV screen.
any info would be most useful
Regards
Bob
Add pictures here
✖

in
lately in a HO freight car. Both videos were very good. Could not belive it: the plane was flying high and far away and the video was recordered straight on a camcorder than later transfered to a PC. The price was pretty low Swiss Frs 188.- (around US$150) complete with video camera, sender, receiver and trancoder for AV connectors. the camera needs a 9V battery and I think the receiver too.
Add pictures here
✖
Bob Heath wrote:

You can probably buy ready made wagons/coaches with camera/transmitter installed at some vast price, but look into what is available in the way of non-railway specific cameras and transmitters. I noticed one in an Australian electronics ad (large retailer) that looked suitable for mounting in rolling stock for under $200-
Regards, Greg.P.

Add pictures here
✖

in
Bob
Take a look on Ebay - search for "Wireless camera" or "spycam".... There are several sellers offering these things for very little money - however, there is usually a catch in that the sellers are in Hong Kong and the like. There are often large P&P charges to add and there is always the chance that customs will slap Excise Duty on the package when it arrives. Having sad all that, I got one for £20 including the camera and receiver and was lucky with customs. The camera works fine, but it needs good light levels to work well and the colour is not very vivid. Still for £20 what do you expect?
Adrian
Add pictures here
✖

One member of my club picked up a similar camera on Ebay for around £50 (from the UK), we mounted it on a flat wagon and were running it around the garden railway, with it outputting to the TV indoors. (Photo of the arrangement here:
http://www.adnalm.org.uk/camerawag.jpg ) It was quite impressive seeing a drivers eye view of the railway, (and showed how sharp some of the curves really were). The only problems were that it took a while to adapt from the dark of the tunnels to the bright sunlight outside, and it didn't handle the vibrations of running over rough trackwork very well.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do

That isn't wireless - The following items from the same site are :
http://www.spyshoponline.co.uk/index.php?cPath !&osCsid2364e063eb457cd09ae6a0d2ea56bb
Adrian
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:43:58 -0000, "Adrian"

I have had success with one of these, fits in a diesel cab in 00 and will fit in N OK. <http://www.ghz-link.com/global/index.html
Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit <http://www.grovenor.dsl.pipex.com/ Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Add pictures here
✖

9ae6a0d2ea56bb
Someone at Warely had a stand with on train cameras. Asked if I was interested but as I said I did N Gauge they said sorry, not available. I was certain that someone had already achieved on train cameras in N Gauge.
Thanks for the link.
Yoda
Add pictures here
✖