DCC gremlins (revisited [probably])

Whilst operating my layout (cough... playing trains) the other day, I = decided to use (as loco 0) an unchipped Bachmann 08. A few other locos = (all chipped) suddenly got the e-bee-jee-be's and started moving in all = directions at varying speeds. I've seen postings before about locos = suddenly behaving erractically but until now, it had not happened to me. Then today, while operating (cough) again, I noticed that those locos = that had the cobblies before had all lost their CV3 value. An easy = matter to rectify, of course, but I've not seen this occurence posted. = Has anyone else suffered the same problem? Anyway, I've decided against using an unchipped loco as loco 0 again, = as I can only presume this is what caused the odd happenings.

Regards to all Dave

Dave Potter

What type(s) of decoders did the other locos have?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

All had Lenz 1024 or 1025's fitted.

Reply to
Dave Potter

I have had similar problems but with locos fitted with Lenz 103XFs but not linked to DC operations, a short circuit of the DCC signal also triggers this sometimes.

Which command station/booster are you using. Mine is Digitrax DB150.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I've got the Lenz set 100, nothing added (or taken away!), just as it came out of the box. As I initially bought Lenz 1024's and 5's with the set, that's what I've stayed with.

Regards Dave

Dave Potter