Estes Oracle

A few weeks ago I posted a thread for the Estes Oracle. My computer was damaged by lighting and lost my favorites. Anyway someone posted reply about
a pen cam that had good resolution and sound. There was a website for that device. So if you could repost that web site it sure would be appreachiated
Here ya go, Dave, Ithink this is what your referring to... http://www.octave.com/multipod
Dave Reynolds wrote:

It's not one of those Octave units but $30 for 30fps it's a nice alternative;
http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/08/cvs_camcorder_u.html
In a nutshell the article details how to convert the CVS single-use digital video recorder to multi-use by hacking a usb cable to it. What's really neat about the CVS cam is that it can record 20 mins of quarter vga resolution at 30 fps with hardware mpeg4/xvid compression. Supposedly you can change the config to record standard vga resolution at 30 fps but at a much shorter time frame of 5-6 minutes.
This is going to be my ghetto cheap version of the Oracle package.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
www.multipodaction.com :-) I get extra cameras if you mention my name when you order !
anyway check out naramlive.com the kite footage rocket vidtastic footage and glider footage are all from the multipod !!
at first i though te video from the cvs was nasty but some of the sample vids are not too bad not as nice as multipod but pretty darned good. I might have to nab one to play around with it the only downside is its larger and heavier by a lot compared to multipod but it costs 1/4th as much as multipod :-)
Chris Taylor http://www.naramlive.com /
Nerys wrote:

I've got my disassembled cvs digi cam right now and I tell ya you can save tons of weight just by removing the case. Considerably smaller too. You can even remove the lcd screen for further weight savings. If needed I can email some pics(pics I've taken with my converted single-use Dakota digi cam) of it. Video ain't that bad but I'm still testing.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Dave Reynolds wrote:

Here's another idea. X10 sells a wireless video camera for $80 that will fit in a model rocket and transmit the signal down to the ground via a 2.4ghz link (same band as many cordless phones). It comes with a receiver and you can hook it up to a portable vcr/camcorder. See the link below.
http://www.videorocketry.com /
some of the best downlink video I have seen outside of high power was george gassaways downlink from gliders with high gain antenna to dv recorder and even they pail in comparison to the clarity and resolution i get from the multipods. plus they are expensive annoying and a pain in the butt :-)
multipods are easy. slap onto a rocket press a few buttons and its going. to cut the asf files without reencoding them (further quality loss) I use steeper. works great. tmpgenc will convert direct to mpeg2 (i use 3000kbit looks great)
for the site I also hit that mpg2 with drdivx alas drdivx will not properly interact with the asf file directly. nasty artifacts come into play when i try this. not sure why.
I tried to convert a video with my tablet. wow what a mistake. took almost 90 minutes to go from stj from usb cam to asf file (which the tablet is unable to play without massive frame drooping) so I tried to convert it to a mpeg2 took over an hour to analyze field values before i could even start the conversion at that point it told me 52 hours ;-) needless to say I canceled the process at that point :-) the machine got so hot during this that I stuck it in my cooler to keep it from overheating. guess 233mhz is just not enough :-)
if i ever go wireless downlink (not as long as I have functioning multipods) i will go boostervision. i like him and i have seen his excellent product work for george with stunning results!!
Chris Taylor http://www.naramlive.com /
Nerys wrote:

You should spend a little time at http://afterdawn.com /. There's tons of good encoder sw there. Me, myself and I prefer ProCoder Express. Damn thing encodes soooo nicely. Any format you can think of and totally easy to use. Fast too.
I'm currently rigging up a diy boostervison-like system. I've got about 100 bones invested right now including a diy dish network antenna. I'm hoping to get a 22+ gain with it which *should* be good for 5000' or so.
Before I send anything up via a rocket I'm going to try it out on my slowstik first.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
I use tmpgenc as it convert most anything :-) and it encodes my asf files directly with no demuxing etc...
hmm new version of tmpgenc gonna have to check it out
also can not find your procoder anywhere on the site so far. got a direct link to procoder/s website in case my googling does not turn up anything :-)
Chris Taylor http://www.naramlive.com / http://www.multipodaction.com /
Nerys wrote:

Here you go; http://canopus.com/Index.asp
Scored it for about 50 bones and worth every penny.
btw, I can tell your replying to me but for some odd reason only your reply comes through. Wondering if it's a technical thing or just my brew :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
I only include stuff when its critical :-) otherwise the old content is just above this content. makes life easier all around and less messy :-)
Procoder looks to be way way overkill like something a network station wannabe or up and coming might use :-)
my only problem right now is when I peice parts together in tmpgenc dvd author i have issued with sound sync. it seems the sound in each file is not perfect and when you link them together this imperfection magnifies the more links you have. I am tryiing to figure out how to get dvd author to stop merging each clip into a single large clip making the sync problem worse :-)
Chris Taylor http://www.naramlive.com /
Nerys wrote:

Dude, check out some of the guides at....
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides /
http://doom9.org /
Your a bithead, you'll love it :)
Ted 'still learning' Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75