Estes Oracle

Hi, My Estes Oracle made it's second flight yesterday and once again I saw a lot of spin and flopping around in the resulting video
http://www.midlandfm.org/blastoff//Movie_0002.wmv It was somewhat windy, but that is almost a given in Michigan.
Based on what the video showed and what I saw as I watched the launch and return, I'm wondering if a lot of the spin isn't generated by the body tube hanging below the camara on the way back down. Has anyone experimented with using two chutes; one to return the nose cone/video camera and one for the body tube?
Jim
more than likely it is the parachute flopping around. Since it doesn't have a spill hole, it is constantly filling and emptying, filling and emptying by rocking back and forth. This also sometimes causes some spinning in the chute. The rocket dangling under should dampen the movement, not increase it.
I'm not sure you'd want to cut a spill hole in the cloth parachute included in the kit, but you might try a plastic chute with a spill hole, or if you can, try a x-form chute.
Roy nar12605

Roy Green wrote:

I've built a video rocket called the Eye of the Storm using only the parts from two Stormcaster kits and an Aiptek digital video camera. The results are darn good. The instruction page is at the link below which includes a couple of small compressed copies of the video. The full res stuff is too damned big to upload on dialup.
http://www.therocketryforum.com/pencam/ (No, not the old rocketry forum site.)