Something Wicked cool comes this way !

Yeah, like 20 years ago. :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Ahh but that is the MAGIC of this camera ! it captures JUST enough resolution to SURVIVE conversion to a TV displayable format !!! I made a 2500kbit SVCD from it and it looks FANTASTIC on my 40" tv fantastic on my zodiac and fantastic on my 10" portable DVD and fantastic on my

21" monitor from more than 12 inches away.

I am blown away impressed. it WILL hold 6 minutes so you can in theory get more than 1 flight on it if you recover it fast enough. someone creative can rig a ground impact switch to TRIP the stop button too. (I took it apart but the parts are WAY WAY WAY beyond my soldering skills)

you can tell how much is left (memory) by going to dc and taking a picture after the picture it will show 2 digits that the percentage of free memory that is left. 1 minute per 17% roughly.

goto my new site for it

the 22mb sampler is raw from the camera (well the camera records in a proprietary stj that the included software makes into an ASF) I found a great program to cut up asf's without reencoding them !! (steeper)

Convert that to an SVCD (select the PAL svcd) using TMPGENC and burn it to a CD and put it in your DVD player. I am quite impressed with it !

is it gates brothers quality ? no but it is pretty damned good and will boost on a C easy I bet even an A engine can lift this (in fact I will try that :-)

and most of us can not afford to put $2,000 worth of electronics into a $500 rocket with $800 worth of motors to get that out of this world amazing DV video.

for $150 we can get nice tv viewaboe video with sound and a good framerate and launch it on pretty much any motor we want.

big different. no reliability complexity and tuning issues of wireless (and wireless will set you back a nice bit of cash too about the same as this)

unless you get both lucky have great conditions and a nice antennae and good equipment your Wireless video is not going to be all that impressive either.

Most of the digicams that record video do so usually at a MUCH lower resolution of framerate and ALWAYS much larger and heavier

a good idea is the DXG camera just release. 320x240 at 30fps or 640x480 at 15fps with MORE compression than this camera. 5-6 TIMES the physical volume and 8-10 TIMES as heavy and its pretty damned small :-)

There is one word to describe this camera

AWESOME

Period :-)

while not ultra cheap it is ultra affordable for what it does !! check out the videos on my site (the maiun site is highly compessed wmv) but the ASF's are raw right from the camera (after initial conversion)

you can easily view them FULL screen and they look great.

it CAN do 12 minutes at 320x240 15fps but it does NOT survive conversion in a tv viewable quality so NEVER use that mode :-)

want to download on the field ? get an old laptop (most laptops or tablets that are 166mhz or faster have USB) use it to download the camera DO NOT convert it anything less than 700mhz takes forever to convert it :-) just download it and refly

when you get home convert them.

remember if you decide to get one do me a favor and put my name in the comments field !! I need more of these critters so I can abuse them further :-)

if you want me to make an SVCD that is ready to burn toi CD using nero let me know and I will upload it. I have flown it 3 times so far. all came out GREAT !

one of them is on the site (rocket1.asf)

Chris Taylor

google

when I say this

There is one word to describe this camera

AWESOME

Period :-)

I am refering to the multipod not the dxg

ONE advantage of the dxg is it records direct to ASF so no conversion process alas once you convert to something tv viewable mpoeg1 or 2 it is no longer viewable.

Chris Taylor

google

Ahh, umn, a buck and a half for a toy video camera is still a little steep for me.

Reply to
Marty Schrader
6 minutes of 640x480 30fps with sound

definately not a toy

I convert these to DVD and they look incredible !

Chris Taylor

google

We all appreciate your posting the link Chris.

Grrrrr.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

is anyone doing some REALLY high altitude flights at naram with dual deployment ? would love to send one of these things to 10,000 feet and see what the video looks like ! (that means I have to get it back :-)

Chris Taylor

google