Webra 1.20 Carb Problem.

I inherited a fully built Sig 4 Star with a Webra 1.2 on it. On its initial flight I had a dead stick and brought it in with no problem as

4 star floats on air. The high speed needle valve assembly had come out of the carb. Several of us looked at it and altho we could insert the asssmbly back into the carb, there was no apparent way to "fasten" it in. No bolts, screws, etc, holes for screws, etc. Does anyone out there have one of these old engines? And, is this assembly merely "pressed" into the carb housing? I held it in with some safety wire but that is rather Rube Goldbergish and the throttle response was not all that great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply to
Ted Kennedy

I flew my Webra speed 50, with a Perry Carb on it, on a Sig Sundancer this weekend. It ran well(flew well too). My needle "fell" out too, but I helped it by planting it in the cow pasture. Want the info for a Perry Carb? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Yes, please do. In the interim I have placed the assembly back into the barrel and put a few drops of thin CA around it. The carb body doesn't get tjhat hot so maybe.... Then I used some fine brass wire and wired it to the carb body. It should stay in but its not very good looking.

Reply to
Ted Kennedy

Yes, please do. In the interim I have placed the assembly back into the barrel and put a few drops of thin CA around it. The carb body doesn't get tjhat hot so maybe.... Then I used some fine brass wire and wired it to the carb body. It should stay in but its not very good looking.

It is a good idea to measure your carb, the Dia. venturi and the dia. of the mount and make sure you get the correct carb. If you're going to rig the carb you have you might try to celan it very well and use a thin layer of JB weld when you put it in. Don't get any in any air or fuel holes. :) mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

I thought about JB weld but was not sure I could ever get it our again. If you use a twisting force, will the weld break?

Reply to
Ted Kennedy

I thought about JB weld but was not sure I could ever get it our again. If you use a twisting force, will the weld break?

I think if you clean it well it'll never come out, if it was pressed in then you don't want it out. Do you? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

snipped-for-privacy@e27g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

Beauty is as beauty does. If it works, it's beautiful.

Reply to
Tim Wescott