What Happened To Model Magic by Dave Patrick?

Does anyone know where to by Model Magic filler? It was always the best - first by Carl Goldberg then Dave Patrick. My hobby shop and web search couldn't locate it. Calls to Dave Patrick only got their answering machine. I know I can get other brands but the don't come close. If anyone knows where I can buy some - prefer the 'balsa" color please let me know. Thanks, Howard

Reply to
Howard Leipzig

Go to your local hardware store and buy some. I found a brand called Red Devil and Lepages also make a light weight filler. It is 1/4 the cost of the stuff at the hobby shop.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Trickett

I like to use "Famowood", available at Lowes or Home Depot. It is marginally heavier, but sets up harder and sands much smoother. If you use just a small amount, the small increase in weight doesn't make any difference. I think you'll like it. Any time you buy an item like this at a hobby shop you pay through you know what! Tom J.

Reply to
tom johnston