Where does a person get kevlar tissue?

Can someone tell me where a person can get kevlar tissue?

Does it come in different weights and what glue do you use with it?

Thanks, flierbk

Reply to
Flierbk

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:29:58 GMT, "Flierbk" wrote in :

You might try a junkyard.

Some air bags are made of kevlar.

Once they've popped, I think they're just junked.

If you want to buy fresh fabric, try this google search:

I think you can impregnate the kevlar with epoxy if you want to mold a part from it.

I imagine the polyurethane glues would work.

I've CA'd kevlar thread with excellent results.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

how is your good is your german .

TM

"Flierbk" schreef in bericht news:G8vPe.32184$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...

Reply to
dingo

"dingo" schreef in bericht news:qQdQe.180258$ snipped-for-privacy@phobos.telenet-ops.be...

Reply to
dingo

That's not Kevlar. It's not tissue. It's carbon fibre matt.

Jim Slaughter

I got some from ACP:

The glue I prefer these days is MGS Epoxy, even though West-Systems has worked great. MGS seems to temperature cure to a more stable form, which is important in avoiding warps when the plane sits in the sun.

I've also gone to woven cloth, as the mat seems to soak up more epoxy than the weave, negating a lot of the weight savings.

-Fritz

Reply to
Fritz Bien