Why are Brushless motors and accys expensive?

Don wrote:

Its more like a hot cobalt 400 or 480 in power.
10x7 ,11x7 ore even 12x8 on 8-10 cells will vertical a 25 oz model, will draw about 15-18A flat out static.
With a 9x6 on 8 cells, its a more powerful geared 400...
They get alarmingly hot by the way. Don't panic.

Adventure hobbies in Chandler, Az.
I mounted it on my Clancey, Baby Bee using a 7X5 prop. Wow what a difference! I used a Thunder Power 2100 mah lipo pack and had a 57 minute flight time. With a 1200 mah lipo pack I'm getting 26 minutes. ESC is a Castle 25. It does quite well.
Don.

Don wrote:

What motor was it? sounds like 25/25 mark 1 ... How many lipos - 2 or three series?

It is a, MJ20103 MPJet AC 25/35-20 Brushless Motor with Gearbox using a 2 cell lipo@ 7.2v @1200mah, Also used a 2 cell lipo @2100mah for the 56 minute duration.
Don.

Don wrote:

No wonder its not getting warm. Mine is going to START life on 10 Nicad cells and a 10x7, and maybe work up to 11x7 and three series LIPOS.
BTW for those who asked Fanfare are sticking these.

The Ink Cartridge division was the most profitable one for HP last year. ("Profitable" meaning best margins or ROI, not necessairly the largest gross. I'll bet that distinction goes to the division that makes the graphing calculators that every high school student seems to have these days.)
Mass producing an item for niche market seems like a sure path to bankrupcy!
By the way, my Father in law is in the CD business, claims that the cost to make a mass produced CD (disk, case, standard inserts, decent print job on disk) is about 40 cents, and 25 cents goes to Phillips for the right to use the music data format. Any one able to comfirm or deny any of this?
Daze
And Universal just announced that they are cutting the price of all their CD's to below $10.
--
Normen Strobel
snipped-for-privacy@zoominternet.nospam.net

Possibly you're referring to the 'outside rotor' brushless motors? While physically bigger in diameter they need no gearing to swing a big prop. Bill (oc)
Anti-spam address: oldcoot88atwebtv.net Change 'at' to@