Women editors

" snipped-for-privacy@toast.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Shoot, that was over 40 years ago, I can't recall exactly but I think it was the 310.

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

Sky King's first plane used radial engines. It looked like a Grumman or a Beech. I'm guessing. The second plane was definitely a then brand new Cessna

310.

Imagine my delight when my first USAF duty station's base commander used to fly we troops from Gila Bend AFB to Luke AFB in Arizona for administrative chores! I had been flying in the gunnery range's de Havilland (SP?) Beaver, which took off in what felt like less than two hundred feet. I thought that slick 310 would never get off the ground.

Our base commander, Lt. Col. Sharkey, looked like Steve Canyon come to life. He was a great guy. I'll never forget him.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Are We Home Yet?

Sky Kings first plane was a Cessna T-50 (Bamboo Bomber). His second was a Cessna 310B.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Do you guys remember how great Sky King's plane "looked" on radio before the TV series started and we got to see all the dollar and dime patches and the oil streaming back across the wings from the engines?

Reply to
edard

I wasn't a Sky King fan until the early TV show with the Bamboo Bomber, so I missed the radio shows. However, your comment reminded me of a comment made by the moderator of a debate I heard between Robert McNamara and Zbigniew Bryzinski (Sp?) some years ago. They had mentioned FDR's "Fireside Chats" on the radio, when the moderator turned to the audience and said, "You remember radio - it was a bit like TV, but the images were so much better!"

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Come to think of it, I believe it was the 310 I saw, back in the early to mid '60s. I was then in grade school.

HPT

"Red Scholefield" wrote:

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

Wasn't the old days great? (NO!!!!) But those memories sure are:)

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

this thread:

tailskid2

I miss reading "Model Builder"

-- dayhea