YS .45 Rear Exhaust Help

All, looking for a little help. I've inherited a YS .45 rear exhaust but I'm not clear which of the pump outlets should face the fuel ank and which should face the carb.

TIA

Reply to
FredD

All, looking for a little help. I've inherited a YS .45 rear exhaust but I'm not clear which of the pump outlets should face the fuel ank and which should face the carb.

TIA

-------------------------- Thats not a pump.it's the fuel pressure regulator . The front nipple goes to the fuel pick up line from the tank,the back one goes to the the overflow on the tank and has the check valve. The tank is pressurized by the down stroke of the piston through a timed hole in the crank which is lined up with the rear nipple.

Reply to
Courseyauto

I had 2 of them, but forget!

Slip a piece of fuel line on to either nipple. Put the fuel line in your mouth, and turn the prop in the usual direction. If it's the air side, you will feel air coming into your mouth. If not, nothing. Hope that helps.

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Hi Bob:

I have one and the front port goes to the tank clunk and the rear port goes to pressurise the tank. This line gets a one way or check valve that you must have.

I found a diagram at:

Good luck

Lou Cetrangelo

Reply to