YS 63: Sent for Repair

As many of you know I was having problems with my YS 63. Before getting through the first gallon of 20/20 the engine began to idle erratically and it would always die when I cranked the throttle. I just got it back from YS today. They did not charge me a cent, and on the invoice they said they replaced the plunger. Now, I lost my parts list for this engine and I wanted to know exactly what this plunger thing is. Is this a common point of failure?

Joel

Reply to
Joel

John Hawkins - From Canada's Atlantic Coast

John Hawkins

You can download a new manual. Go to :

. Select products, then your engine, and finally manual. You do not need to download the Japanese fonts to get there.

JR

Reply to
JR

Have a look here: (blow up to full size)

The plunger is the little tit on the bottom of part 72.

Additionally to being controlled by pressure from the crankcase, venturi vacuum can also pull the plunger off its seat to allow fuel flow. This occurs during idle when there is little or no pressure on the diaphragm. Fuel being drawn by the carb exerts enough vacuum on the underside of the diathermy to push the plunger very slightly off its seat and allow fuel to flow.