Breaking in YS .63

I just got a YS .63, and it is my first 4 stroke engine. I would like to know if there are any "tricks of the trade" for breaking this engine in. I would also like to know what needle valve setting you ultimately arrived at for optimal results. I am running PowerMaster

20/20 fuel through it. It seems to guzzle fuel, but probably because it is way too rich now. It seemed like I went through 12 oz of fuel in 6 minutes.

Joel

Reply to
Joel

Joel,

You might want to take a look at the YS forum on RC Universe. There is wealth of information related to the YS63.

With about 3 hours of run time on my motor, the high speed needle on my motor is sitting at about 1.5 turns. My low speed needle is out at about

1.25 turns. I have not messed with the regulator yet so it is still sitting flush with the case.

Here is some information related to break-in on the 63...

Here is some information on the fuel consumption of the motor...
numbers from the post are consistent with the consumption (~1oz/min) that I am getting on my Tai-Ji 40 using an APC 12x7, OS F plug, and Powermaster 20/20.

Good luck with your motor. I have been very happy with mine.

Bryce

Joel wrote:

Reply to
Bryce Himebaugh,LH430B,812-855-6984,812-323-8292

The instructions that came with my .91 were spot on and served me well.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Ditto

Reply to