ys flame out - too rich?

I am breaking in a YS in the air. I have it super rich right now - the exhaust is almost like that of a helicopter. I had it flame out with about

1/3 tank remaining and I had to deadstick into the bushes. I am wondering, is it common to break in a YS too rich and have it flame out like this? I don't want to destroy the engine by leaning it out too soon.

Joel

Reply to
Joel

You aren't saying which YS-engine you are running. One surprise you might see with the new DZ (if that is your engine) is that it can't suck the tank clean. Apparently, the injection system is much more sensitive to air in the fuel line, so as soon the clunk gets exposed to air the engine dies.

- Robert Sundström, Mimer SQL Development Upright Database Technology AB,

your SQL statements at

Robert Sundström

Robert,

Is the YS 63 - I bought about 1 month ago from tower. I hope that is not the case with this engine!

Reply to
Joel