Zenoa hobby knives....cuts more than just balsa

I found out that my trusty hobby knife cuts more than just balsa but can cut the umbilical cord to a newborn........ Now let me back track a bit......Sunday, April 30th I got to the field at 8:30am with my 25oz wing. It was a bit windy, about 15mph. Gave it a toss and when I turned and got the right wing in the cross wind it blew it over into a field of tall grass near the runway ( model undamaged ). Now is there a trick for flying in a cross wind??? I hung around a bit and watched some of the heavier planes fly and about

11:00am I headed for home. I took a nap and about a bit after 3:00pm woke up and headed down stairs to check on wife and 3yr old. 3yr was watching TV and I knew my wife was doing laundry except that I did not here the washer or dryer going but heard my spouse crying and another sound....that familiar sound I use to hear 3yrs ago and 4yrs ( my 4yr old was down at granny's house ). I went down stairs and what I saw was a moment in time which you will remember forever......wife exhausted and crying and next to her a laundry basket with what used to be clean laundry and on top of that one crying fresh from the womb newborn. Now here is the funny part ....I was not expecting a 3rd child!!!! Now before I go on and to make it short and answer some questions:
  1. Yes the child is mine
  2. She hid here pregnancy, why?? issues on her side with her mother

I took action and wrapped the wee one in a clean blanket, took mom up stairs and calmed her down and called 911...... Now Tuesday, may 2nd

9:00pm... Wife, 4y old, 3yr old and newborn are all home safe and sound. And I am once again a happy dad with a healthy 8lb 2oz 21" long baby boy ( I have all boys)

Now before I typed this, I cleaned up the mess in the basement which looks like a scene from any of the CSI shows. I found my hobby knife near the basket and realized this is what she used to cut the cord...my work bench is next to the dryer and that is were my hobby knife set sits. When I build my next plane or have to make a repair my knife has more meaning. It will fix and build planes and for one time in "its" life was used to free my son from the womb and brought him into this world and I hope when he grows up into this hobby. Mike R

Reply to
Mike R

Mike,

Thank you for sharing this great story with us, but to make it short:

Mike you are retard.

You did not know that your wife is pregnant ? Where did they raise you ? West Afghanistan (I apologise to Afghan's)

Reply to
Spawn

Spawn, whatever you said about Mike applies to you. It does not take much to hide pregnancies from family (putting on weight, not in the mood, etc.) -- ask a lot of those pregnant teenagers you hear about.

MIke, your wife took a real risk using your knife (risk of tetanus, infection, etc.) More than likely, your doctor will make sure that everything gets covered.

I suggest gently that this is the time for your wife to settle things with her mother, good bad or indifferent. Hiding a pregnancy, even if its the third one, is not worth the risks that she took. Your wife, her mother or both may need come counselling to clear the air and put the issues to bed.

By counselling, I don't mean a psychologist or such, but a qualified person to act as an intermediary and to keep things moving as the two ladies work to resolve their issues.

BTW, be very, very nice to your wife; she's been through hell in one form or the other, and probably has shown as much courage as our soldiers (Canadian and US) who are serving in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Reply to
byrocat

This is foul. How can you not know you're missus is up the spout? You must be bonafide, grade 'A' trailer trash we see on tacky American daytime shows a la Oprah style this side of the pond! God knows the size of your wife if you missed this small detail?

Reply to
robertdownes25

Heck of a story, Mike. Congratulations on healthy mother and son!

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Very troubling story.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Probably an ad. for the hobby knife....but fails miserably

Reply to
Geekay

That was my impression too.

Ed Cregger