Zenoah 45 throttle question

Hi,

Question to anyone having fitted a Zenoah 45 or similar.

As you will know, the axis of the throttle lever is at an compound angle to the normal push pull lines we are used to.

I can't seem to come up with a well engineered solution of connecting to the servo linkage.

If the return spring on the throttle lever could be relied upon long term, I suppose an easy solution could be to use a pull only cable to open the throttle but then if a spring failure occurs the throttle could be left wide open.

I have been advised against fitting a 90 degree carb adaptor as the bottom end will likely be affected but has anyone else fitted one with success?

So short of real Heath Robinson connectors and some possible metal to metal links!! I am still scratching my head.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Griff.

Reply to
Griff

Zenoah makes an adapter that makes the angle of the throttle arm easier to work with. I have one on a Zenoagh G23 and another on a G62. They work great.

Reply to
jeboba

The other guy gave you the right answer, but who is this "Heath Robinson"?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

You should disable the return cable! It will keep a constant 'pressure' on your throttle servo which causes battery drain and premature servo failure.

Reply to
jeboba

Hey, that sounds like Rube Goldberg

Alan Harriman