??blimp speed controllers??

Hello all,

I am looking for a good site to purchase lightweight bi-directional speed controllers for a blimp. I have a GWS R-4P receiver, so I would prefer a GWS speed controller if anyone knows of any?

Thanks!

Reply to
Bill

| I am looking for a good site to purchase lightweight bi-directional | speed controllers for a blimp. I have a GWS R-4P receiver, so I would | prefer a GWS speed controller if anyone knows of any?

It doesn't matter who makes the speed controller or receiver -- they generally all work with each other.

How big of an ESC do you need? How many amps?

I don't know if anybody makes reversible ESCs intended for airplanes. What you'll probably need to do is buy two *car* ESCs (reversible, of course) and a mixer (or do the mixing in your transmitter, if it can.) Of course, the car ESCs tend to be heavy, so you'll want to get small ones, and perhaps trim off some of the extra weight if you can. Unless it's a huge blimp ...

(I'm assuming that your blimp will have two props, one on either side, and you'll turn by having one blow back and one blow forwards ...)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Pardon Me ! Car ESC ore not heavy (11gr ). for the "Quantum Micro Reverse digital" please forget the image of the 60gr speedos you see in RTR kits move to competition materials.. There are lots of small esc fom 1/18 (xray) and 1/24 racers, with proportional reverse.

check the tech specs for reverse some have a reverse for only 8 sec or so, or the reverse is lighter (Amps) than forward.

TM

Reply to
dingo