2004 Node snap - attributes, too?

I recently made the jump from 2ki to 2k4, and I'm wondering why the node snap now acquires the insertion point of an attribute.
I hope someone's going to tell me that since I neglected to read the docs, there's a new setting for this behavior that I've miseed. (I did look, albeit briefly, in the help files.)