apparent intersections

Hello,

I have a basic question. How do you make an osnap to where an edge of a solid lays across the edge of another solid in an isometric view?

Patrick

Reply to
smarf

I have AutoCAD 2002 and use almost exclusively icons and pull downs. I have the icon to snap to intersection of two lines, however, I don't think AutoCAD recognizes intersection of the solids but only lines. However, I'm no expert. Since I use icons and pulldowns with very few typed commands, I don't know the typed command to snapping to intersection of two lines. Perhaps, someone else can help you with that.

Reply to
Jude Alexander

I would draw two lines at the edges of the solid(s) (using the NEA or END osnap) and then snap the appint of this two lines. I guess you must draw this two lines at a separate layer and turn off the visibility of the solids layer while snapping the appint.

Juergen

Reply to
Jürgen Palme

Thanks...

How peculiar that the two lines don't otrack when the layer the solids are on is turned on. It seems like it should work either way. For my use, I need the solids visible. Hmmm...

Reply to
smarf

If you draw the line at the layer edges, of course the solids layer has to be on. If I want to snap the appint of the lines, I must here turn off the solids layer. If not I can't snap the lines. May be ist's only here.

Juergen

Reply to
Jürgen Palme