AutoCad 2008 Block Editor

Hi all

Can someone explain the block editor in 2008 please? In 2005, double clicking a block allowed you to modify a block but left the surrounding drawing elements greyed out for reference. In 2008, the block is opened in a separate window so that it is not possible to, for instance, stretch a block relative to adjacent drawing elements IYSWIM. Is it possible to revert to the 2005 block editor somehow?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Left click on the block, right click, select "edit block in-place"

Reply to
George P

"George P" wrote

Thanks George, but that doesn't work for me! Probably something to do with the action associated with the right mouse click.

But I have just found the crux of the problem:

Between Acad2005 and 2008, the command invoked by double clicking a block is different. Acad2005 initiates the refedit command, where 2008 launches the Edit Block Definition command. So it's simply a case of selecting refedit from the button or pull down menu (and my colleagues re-learning the method of course).

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster