BIM is it all its cracked up to be?

Hello: My first post but I've been lurking here for awhile,
I've been checking out the Revit program and have some questions.
Will the designers on this list be switching to the BIM Program? Is the BIM process hindered by upfront programing and data entry needed to make the conceptual drawings portray the intended design? Do autodesk users expect, accept and comply with the autodesk tactics to upgrade and subscribe? Such as the mandatory 2004 upgrade subscription by 3/15/07. (supporting Link: http://alibre.typepad.com/alibre_ceo_blog/2006/07/thank_you_sir_m.html )

Not this one.

In my mind, yes.

That's a diverse group.
--