cad for motor cycles?

is there a software package that is best for designing custom motorcycles? I want to try downloading many different parts and trying them in 3d on a bike frame. I want to see the parts in wireframe and also in a skinned look. I want to use a mouse to draw on pipes for exhausts. I want to rotate any piece in real time.

can anyone suggest something that will make this easy?

Reply to
Highlandish

If your looking for easy, it doesn't get any easier than google sketchup. Not to mention it's free. Of course this would be for conceptual modeling only. Also, check out google's "3d warehouse." and search "motorcycle". There's a couple slick models drawn.

Reply to
Lee St. Louis

Quoth The Raven; Lee St. Louis in

I like a lot of what I see there, I might have to look at the pro version if I want to mix and match or make my own though, I was hoping for a recommendation about Autodesk software though, was there one in particular for bikes?

Reply to
C Kreskay

If you want to stay in the realm of AutoCAD, you have two choices. AutoCAD itself will do 3D, but you don't really want to go there. It's pretty worthless, in my opinion, and quite user UN-friendly. The other choice is Inventor. Inventor is a true parametric solid modeler, with a fair rendering package. However, it ain't cheap, and has a somewhat steep learning curve. Takes a prety robust hardware setup to run it well, also.

As usal, the old adage, "fast, pretty and cheap - pick any two" applies here.

babygrand

Reply to
babygrand

Highlandish wrote

Don't know about best, but there is a lot of really high quality CAD m/c stuff here:

http://216.118.118.21/dbbp/index.html van der Kwaak says that it is all created with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0

Reply to
battersby

Quoth The Raven; battersby in