CALCOMP 1043GT Dual Mode PLOTTER

Any one got one what are they like i know they are old but starting out so had to stay cheap. Scott

Reply to
Amy&Scott

Hi

"Amy&Scott" skrev i en meddelelse news:40448b1f snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

Talking about antikes, I have one stored. That one is the most flexible one in the 104x serie, wonder if you can find pens though , also from my experience they carry two weak points, one is the gear wheel that case the thing go berserk will break the outher part that is replacable just for that caurse, the other is troubles is with the short "wire" going to the pen carusell , ------- Still it's a neat monster and you could be lucky to find a HPGL rompack.

P.C.

P.C.

You'll save money in the long run by avoiding it. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Reply to
Amy&Scott

Hi

"Amy&Scott" skrev i en meddelelse news:4044b9b8 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

If you get it installed with the right Dip switches , the Rompack is there and you have pens, the only problem is when a pen fly after doing one mill lines in one drawing , and you have to start all over. ------- Still just getting it to respond, can take day's. These creatures is for artwork from my point of view, very facinating very old technology ---- mesh structures is as old as these vector plotters ,but I guess that with the 104X serie you have the top of what was develobed ,before they became printers . ------- That one was sold as "the intiligent Plotter", and realy you need to be clever making it work . P.C.

P.C.

Scott:

I wouldn't bother with this thing. You are going to spend more time getting it to run properly than it's worth --- I had one, and I basically turned it into a boat anchor.

After one of your pens runs out of ink about 3/4 of the way through a plot that takes an hour and a half you will want to pick the thing up and throw it in the nearest trash can.

Contact your local print shop. Set up and e-mail system whereby you send them either *.PLT or *.PDF files. Most print shops will deliver for free or for a very nominal charge. My local print shop charges about a $1.00/sq.ft. for plotting (that's $6.00) for 24x36. This is a reimbursable cost and is charged to the client.

Save yourself the aggravation.

Reply to
Bob Morrison