Can blocks be made to lay on the serface of solids?

Hi,
I build cabinets and need to drag shelf pin hole arrays onto my solid models. After dragging them into the model space, I have do rotate
them and lay them on surfaces, which is time consuming. Is there any way to get the blocks to detect and lay on a surface? The Dynamic User Coordinate System sort of does this, but not with blocks...
Thanks
oops...SURFACE!!

Yes, but you can not union subtract or intersec them if it is a block of a solid.
Bob