circle degrees

hi got a circle, looking to find how to project a line with known radius from the circle center to the perimeter at an angle of 60degs? (although, the book I'm reading from is showing that the line of 60degs is 120degs from point '0' as far as I can see it...... I know it all ends up in the same place, but I dont know two things:::;

1)why my book is showing an angle of 60degs when in fact its 120degs from zero 2)how the heck I tell a/cad to draw a line from center of circle to a point 'x' amount of degrees for a radius length.

searched 'help', but got nowhere. ( too much other info offered, rather than sticking to an elemetary question.)

Reply to
trying

type "L" osnap to center , type "@ (radius length)" is 120degs from point '0' as far as I can see it...... I know it all ends

Reply to
longshot

Angle zero is at 3 o'clock, and is measured counter-clockwise as a default in AutoCAD. Why? Think Descartes. Longshot nailed the other question.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Like Michael said....... 'You nailed it'. (boy, wish you were in front of my book right now for my next problem, but I'll try and solve it myself first) Thanks..... Trying....

Reply to
chris

Reply to
chris

I just realised something, and this is a few minutes after I sent my reply to Longshot. You are right Michael, 0degs IS measured from 3'oclock, and this in fact puts my 'book' in the Wrong. It is telling me to draw a line from the centre of my circle at 60degs for the length of the radius, BUT, it is showing me that the line should end up at 120degs......... Thanks, (makes me feel like writing to the author, but after thinking about it, due to the authors mistake, my own inquiries taught me more) Thanks Michael. Trying.......

Reply to
chris

Keep going.

Reply to