dodacahedron-encore

I made dodecahedron, but I can't count volume of it, bacuase
Autocad says:) that it's not region or solid, so how can i change it?
majk24
Ok .......
Then try this one ....... draw a pentagon/polyline then extrude this a distance of 1.113516 multyplied by the length of the edge of the pentagon and taper at an angle of 31.71747441° .
This will give you one twelfth of the total volume. Use copy and align to position a copy of this pentagon based pyramid then array etc ....
This is not absolutely perfect but the error is very small.
Regards ............. David
Reply to
David
You guys don't realize that regular geometry follows an ALGORITHM?!? It's as easy as PI, HELLO!
Or for a more accurate answer, you may wish to translate the FORMULA on Eric Rowland's site to lisp, then solve dodecahedrons of any size :-)

What!?!
I am strating to see this as the norm for a newsroup that caters to an overpriced 2D CAD program.
Really sad for an "engineer's" newsgroup, guys.
Ben
Reply to
bdeck
I'm not sure if this will work but have you tried the "Region" command, after creating the dodecahedron?
after turning it into a region, then try the volume.
It's worth a try.
Dan s.
Reply to
Dan S.