dodecahedron

How to draw regular dodecahedron in autocad? Help!:)

Reply to
majk24

Command:Polygon Number of sides: 12 etc.

Reply to
RonB

I'm a little geometrically challenged.........what is a whatever-ahedron?

Reply to
TomD

A dodecahedron is a closed 3d shape or solid made of 12 pentagons for faces. It will involve a number of steps. It is not push-a-button-and-out-comes-a-dodecahedron, if that's what you were hoping. You will need skillful manipulation of the UCS and ARRAY commands.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

i believe it is a 10 or 12 sided 3d object

like a cube cubed (a pun)

Reply to
Adam B

Reply to
Adam B

see figure 6-8 for actual view

Reply to
Adam B

anyone try to draw one? wheeeeeeeew... it's got me scratching my head.can't seem to figure out what the true length of sides will be based in relation to the cube size. I can get it to look right in an iso view, but flatten the view & my pentagons aren't flat.

-- be cool,

Reply to
Longshot

I did one..yahoo ! ;o) CF newsgroup

majk24 a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

I want to see it

-- be cool,

Longshot

Reply to
Longshot

Thanks, Michael. Sounds like setting UCS by object might come in handy for that project. ;)

Reply to
TomD

I recently modeled something similar....a soccer ball. It has 33 sides made of pent- and hex-agons. (Some people do crosswords........) 68kb if you want to see it.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Did you see the post from GMGB this morning? I think that's exactly what they're looking for.

Reply to
TomD

when i said...CF newsgroup...i was telling that i sent the drawing to the customer-files newsgroup

Longshot a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

--

nothing there.

Reply to
Longshot

well...i see a thread named "dodecahedron" from michel ...8:48am this morning......and there is a file attached....

Longshot a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

Draw a regular pentagon (edge to a give length).

I made this into a region for ease of manipulation.

Copy the region/face and use the align command to "align" to one edge of the first pentagon.

use the rotate 3D command to rotate the second pentagon around the edge (define the axis by the two end points) by 63°.

either do a polar array (5 items) around the centre of the first pentagon or use the align command using 3 points on further copies of the pentagon.

That should give you half the object - leave the rest to you ...........

Reply to
David

I wonder if i have an option checked to block messages with attachments.. I don't see any files.

-- be cool,

Reply to
Longshot

Thank you for information, I've one question: I can't count volume of this dodecahedron, bacuase Autocad says:) that it's not region or solid, so how can i change it? m

Reply to
majk24