dodecahedron

How to draw regular dodecahedron in autocad? Help!:)

Command:Polygon Number of sides: 12 etc.
--
<-<RonB>->
=======================
majk24 wrote:

I'm a little geometrically challenged.........what is a whatever-ahedron?
A dodecahedron is a closed 3d shape or solid made of 12 pentagons for faces. It will involve a number of steps. It is not push-a-button-and-out-comes-a-dodecahedron, if that's what you were hoping. You will need skillful manipulation of the UCS and ARRAY commands.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Thanks, Michael. Sounds like setting UCS by object might come in handy for that project. ;)
I recently modeled something similar....a soccer ball. It has 33 sides made of pent- and hex-agons. (Some people do crosswords........) 68kb if you want to see it.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Did you see the post from GMGB this morning? I think that's exactly what they're looking for.
i believe it is a 10 or 12 sided 3d object
like a cube cubed (a pun)

this is a method http://www.m2solids.com/dim2code.html

see figure 6-8 for actual view

anyone try to draw one? wheeeeeeeew... it's got me scratching my head.can't seem to figure out what the true length of sides will be based in relation to the cube size. I can get it to look right in an iso view, but flatten the view & my pentagons aren't flat.
-- be cool,
Longshot

I did one..yahoo ! ;o) CF newsgroup
majk24 a crit :

I want to see it
-- be cool,
Longshot
when i said...CF newsgroup...i was telling that i sent the drawing to the customer-files newsgroup
Longshot a crit :

nothing there.
well...i see a thread named "dodecahedron" from michel ...8:48am this morning......and there is a file attached....
Longshot a crit :

I wonder if i have an option checked to block messages with attachments.. I don't see any files.
-- be cool,
Longshot

I must not have figured this part out about newsgroups yet..... How does one find customer files???
Steve

go to newsgroup
autodesk.autocad.customer-files

one