Dual monitor question....Help

I have a graphic card that will, and is driving (2) monitors. It is not doing quite what I want. Is it possible to have two(or more) drawing windows, such as in Microstation?

TIA,

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Which version of AutoCAD are you using? 2000 and later permit multiple drawings to be opened simultaneously. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

I'm using 2004, but the drawings stay on one monitor. I'd like to drag one onto # 2.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Hello Dennis:

This works for me:

Open Autocad,(don't maximes it completly) go to the edge of the interface (to the right or left) and when the arrow changes to double arrow, stretch it all the way to the other monitor, now drag one of the drawings to the right (one monitor) and the other one will be in the left (The other monitor).

In that way you can view two dwgs at the same time.

I hope I made myself understood.

Regards,

snipped-for-privacy@pipeline.com remove dwg from my email to reply

Reply to
luig

yes, that works. I thought I could get a situation like Microstation, which actually has a setting for dual monitors.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis