Dynamic Input

We recently switched to 2006 and altho i like most of the features dynamic input offers it seems to have elliminated a highly useful feature i have
come to rely on. I used to be able to recall previous numeric values for reuse in any command by pressing up or down arrow then hitting enter. for instance start the line command, pick a first point, then arrow up to a previous 1200 (i work in millimeters) and hit enter. Voila! a line 1200 appears in the direction of my cursor. My question is, Is there any way of getting back this functionality??
Dave wrote:

Perhaps to turn of dynamic option.
Zok
I tried turning off DYN but it made no difference.