Extrude a pipe, circle along polyline

(1) I draw a polyline, camfer it, (2) then try to rotate it so circle is perpendicular (3) then try to extrude the circle along the line.

I rarely get it flush. It extrudes in all sorts of strange directions.

I wish I knew the LISP commands to do this.

Manually I get it like once every five tries.

(I'm actually using IntelliCAD 2000 which sposta be compat with AutoCAD 2000)

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

why would you "try" to get it perpendicular? if you rotate 90deg on the proper axis . you would have it exact every time. I think that is your main problem here.

Reply to
longshot

why would you "try" to get it perpendicular? if you rotate 90deg on the proper axis . you would have it exact every time. I think that is your main problem here.

Reply to
Tankie43

agreed, setting up your UCS so its perpendicular to the polyline is the key for what you want to do, if you don't know how to do this I suggest you learn about the UCS inside out, as it's THE most important tool when modelling in AutoCAD.

Reply to
Remo Shiva