faint lines in mtext

I have numerous seats of ACAD2000 -- all installations are identical; however, in ONE of those machines, if I try to edit MTEXT, the letters
are incredibly faint (regardless of background colour). Almost no combination of colours renders them legible so that it is easy to edit. This is not a monitor issue, since I have tried another monitor and it does the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be the problem?
*Right click on desktop* *Display Properties* *Appearance* *Effects* Remove the check from "use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts"

LOL, been using autocad for a very long time now and *still* learning new stuff :)
Greg
S. Scalise wrote:

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:40:12 GMT, "S. Scalise"

Thanks a million, took 5 seconds, works like a charm.
Paul