How to trim multiple lines

ACAD LT 2002
Is there a way, say you have 50 vertical lines on a drawing, 3000 long. I draw a line at 2000 across the whole lot of them and I want to trim each to
this line. Normally id trim each individually, taking a lot of time. Im sure theres a fast way to do this? Something called fence?(but dont let me cloud your answers) Thanks
Lee
Yes. When selecting the lines to be trimmed, use the FENCE option. Details in HELP. If you knew about FENCE, why didn't you just press F1 and look it up? ___

Theres not much to read in the FENCE help listing, it doesnt actually tell you how to execute the command and when to type F etc, ive just found an online tutorial I think has done the trick. It might seem easy to some but we all know what its like to pick up mew commands once we're set in our ways. Lee

What's so complicated about "type F<enter>, then select points ..."? ___

To be fair, memory tells me that the documentation of fence is buried a bit in the help and tutorials, so fence is probably the least well known selection method, except maybe for FILTER.
Also from memory, fence works at some select objects prompts where the options are specifically offered as window or crossing, but silent about fence.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

As someone who's self-taught, you'll get no argument from me on that one.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca