How to trim multiple lines

ACAD LT 2002

Is there a way, say you have 50 vertical lines on a drawing, 3000 long. I draw a line at 2000 across the whole lot of them and I want to trim each to this line. Normally id trim each individually, taking a lot of time. Im sure theres a fast way to do this? Something called fence?(but dont let me cloud your answers) Thanks

Lee

Reply to
Lee Davison

Yes. When selecting the lines to be trimmed, use the FENCE option. Details in HELP. If you knew about FENCE, why didn't you just press F1 and look it up? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Theres not much to read in the FENCE help listing, it doesnt actually tell you how to execute the command and when to type F etc, ive just found an online tutorial I think has done the trick. It might seem easy to some but we all know what its like to pick up mew commands once we're set in our ways. Lee

Reply to
Lee Davison

What's so complicated about "type F, then select points ..."? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

To be fair, memory tells me that the documentation of fence is buried a bit in the help and tutorials, so fence is probably the least well known selection method, except maybe for FILTER.

Also from memory, fence works at some select objects prompts where the options are specifically offered as window or crossing, but silent about fence.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

It took me about 10 seconds to get to the page clearly and graphically illustrating the use of Fence, after typing it into the HELP Index. A lot of folks ought to learn to effectively use HELP before they even *attempt* to learn AutoCAD. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

As someone who's self-taught, you'll get no argument from me on that one.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich