Howto slice block with a spline?

Hi

I want to slice a solid box with a projection of a spline onto it, but how do I do it?

I have the box and the 3D spline, what now?

Best regards //zigge

Reply to
zigge

You cant slice a solid with a spline in plain AutoCAD...What you can do is:

1- Make a profil with the spline 2- Make a solid with the profil 3- Subtract

zigge a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

Do I use the SOLPROF to make the profile? It says that "You must be in a Layout to use SOLPROF." I Don't know anything on layouts, I just want to work i modelspace and plot drawings from this...

Best regards //zigge

Reply to
zigge

Yes of course, thank you. But the spline is not a closed object and I can't make an extrusion with two different lines. what now?

//zigge

Reply to
zigge

Then just close it with lines...then make REGION with these objects to have something you can extrude

zigge a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

No ruled surface wont work...can you post your drawing in the CF news group ? I could check. Because the region is suppose to work

zigge a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

are you sure you posted it ?...Didnt receive it yet...

zigge a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

Oh, Im not at the CS-forum...

I try to send again.

As you can see it is a staircase. I want to project the upper spline (blue) as a knife perpendicular onto the outer beam (white) to get a nice cut to look at.

//zigge

Reply to
zigge

no luck...you have AutoCAD 2004 !?....because i cant open it (incompatible version)

I have AutoCAD 2002

zigge a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

I have sent it in acad 2000/LT format now.

//zigge

Reply to
zigge

I can see it now....and i know why the region didnt work....To make a region, the objects (splines, lines) have to be in a plane (2D)...and we can see that you splines are 3D...

zigge a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

Thats the point! So what would you propose ?

//zigge

Reply to
zigge

To draw a 2D spline....can i post an example to snipped-for-privacy@pc.dk ?

zigge a écrit :

Reply to
Michel

Allthough it's the easy way, to send the drawing to you. I would like it better if you could instruct me, so I am able to perform the trick my self on happy ocasions when I need to slice a box with a 3d-spline :-)

Best ... //zigge

Reply to
zigge

I would use some self-made programs for that, which are not ready for dealing yet. So I would like to do some test for you. Regards Jochen

"zigge" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3f01597d$0$5145$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
jochen

Hi

"zigge" skrev i en meddelelse news:3f00424a$0$5165$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk...

Now what is it you realy want ; do you want this option generaly so you can cut and slice however you want , or do you want a spiral stairway ? Solids and Splines is very different objects, and if you want to "slice" with a spline, you would need two Splines, to describe the panel formed between these ; ------- BTW, shuldn't the stairway carry steps or is it ment as one of these toy things in a swimpool ? Check some nice graphics where the solids do go round ;

P.C.

Reply to
P.C.