Howto slice block with a spline?

Hi
I want to slice a solid box with a projection of a spline onto it, but how
do I do it?
I have the box and the 3D spline, what now?
Best regards
//zigge
Reply to
zigge
You cant slice a solid with a spline in plain AutoCAD...What you can do is:
1- Make a profil with the spline 2- Make a solid with the profil 3- Subtract
zigge a écrit :
Reply to
Michel
Do I use the SOLPROF to make the profile? It says that "You must be in a Layout to use SOLPROF." I Don't know anything on layouts, I just want to work i modelspace and plot drawings from this...
Best regards //zigge
Reply to
zigge
Yes of course, thank you. But the spline is not a closed object and I can't make an extrusion with two different lines. what now?
//zigge
Reply to
zigge
Then just close it with lines...then make REGION with these objects to have something you can extrude
zigge a écrit :
Reply to
Michel
No ruled surface wont work...can you post your drawing in the CF news group ? I could check. Because the region is suppose to work
zigge a écrit :
Reply to
Michel
are you sure you posted it ?...Didnt receive it yet...
zigge a écrit :
Reply to
Michel
Oh, Im not at the CS-forum...
I try to send again.
As you can see it is a staircase. I want to project the upper spline (blue) as a knife perpendicular onto the outer beam (white) to get a nice cut to look at.
//zigge
Reply to
zigge
no luck...you have AutoCAD 2004 !?....because i cant open it (incompatible version)
I have AutoCAD 2002
zigge a écrit :
Reply to
Michel
I have sent it in acad 2000/LT format now.
//zigge
Reply to
zigge
I can see it now....and i know why the region didnt work....To make a region, the objects (splines, lines) have to be in a plane (2D)...and we can see that you splines are 3D...
zigge a écrit :
Reply to
Michel
Thats the point! So what would you propose ?
//zigge
Reply to
zigge
To draw a 2D spline....can i post an example to snipped-for-privacy@pc.dk ?
zigge a écrit :
Reply to
Michel
Allthough it's the easy way, to send the drawing to you. I would like it better if you could instruct me, so I am able to perform the trick my self on happy ocasions when I need to slice a box with a 3d-spline :-)
Best ... //zigge
Reply to
zigge
I would use some self-made programs for that, which are not ready for dealing yet. So I would like to do some test for you. Regards Jochen

"zigge" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3f01597d$0$5145$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk...
Reply to
jochen
Hi
"zigge" skrev i en meddelelse news:3f00424a$0$5165$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk...
Now what is it you realy want ; do you want this option generaly so you can cut and slice however you want , or do you want a spiral stairway ? Solids and Splines is very different objects, and if you want to "slice" with a spline, you would need two Splines, to describe the panel formed between these ; ------- BTW, shuldn't the stairway carry steps or is it ment as one of these toy things in a swimpool ? Check some nice graphics where the solids do go round ;
P.C.
Reply to
P.C.