menu customisation

Hi All,
I am customizing a menu to find current layer, insert door on appropriate
layer, ability to rotate door to user requirements and return user to the
previous current layer.
I have achieved all the above except to allow the user to rotate the door
upon insertion. When I remove a semi colon the user is prompted to rotate
but the current layer isn't returned to the previous before command was
invoked.
[Doorslides(DD-1840-64wall,DD-1840-64wall)]^C^C^P(setq orig-lay(getvar
"clayer"))(prin1);attdia;1;-layer m D-DOOR;c;2;;;-insert "K:/Ref/AutoCAD
Customisation/Library/Doors/DD-1840-64wall.dwg";\1;1;0;-layer s
!orig-lay;;;;
I would really appreciate some help to achieve my goal.
Thanks,
Phil
Reply to
Philip Russell
Use a "\" at the rotation angle. You already use it ay the insert point.
Jan
"Philip Russell" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@news.comindico.com.au...
Reply to
JP
Hi Jan,
I have tried that and yes it allows the user to rotate the door but doesn't return you to the current layer before the command was executed.
Thanks, Phil
appropriate
Reply to
Philip Russell
Strange, in my command sequence it does return to the desired layer. I use this: ^c^c-LAYER;M;INSDET;C;7;insdet;;-insert;(strcat pad3 "dsn_leid");\;;\-LAYER;set;pen1;; works perfect. I'll try your sequence, see how that works.
Jan
"Philip Russell" schreef in bericht news:3fa96378$ snipped-for-privacy@news.comindico.com.au...
"K:/Ref/AutoCAD
Reply to
JP
Back again. Tried your menu line, it works! This is it: ^C^C^P(setq orig-lay(getvar"clayer"))(prin1);attdia;1;-layer;m;D-DOOR;c;2;;;-insert (strcat pad3 "dsn_leid");\1;1;\-layer;s;!orig-lay;;;;
Replace the '(strcat pad3 "dsn_leid")' with your block name. Let me know if it works for you.