missing toolbars in autocad2006

Hi,
After installation of autocad 2006, I don't get any toolbar. Only a black
screen with on the bottom the commandline.
I tried already several re-installations, even formatting the whole pc and
with new updates (xp sp2), nothing helps till now.
With autocad 2005, this is no problem, so it's only in version 2006.
Is there anyone who can help me with this strange error?
Thanks,
Charel
Reply to
Charel Vankemzeeke
"Charel Vankemzeeke" ha scritto nel messaggio news:HnSzf.62372$ snipped-for-privacy@blueberry.telenet-ops.be...
The same errors for me, no toolbars and no menu. I have decided to install Autocad 2004 again!
Reply to
k4u
"k4u" schreef in bericht news:yMUzf.136505$ snipped-for-privacy@twister1.libero.it...
What kind of PC do you have? Is it a Packard Bell?
Reply to
Charel Vankemzeeke
"Charel Vankemzeeke" ha scritto nel messaggio news:ad1Bf.48$ snipped-for-privacy@blueberry.telenet-ops.be...
I have a notebook ASUS L3 with AMD Athlon XP Mobile.
Reply to
k4u
It sounds like the default folders have been plaaced out of the path. Under options/files, make sure the toolbar and menu names and paths are correct.
I used custom toolbars and menus so I had quite a chore getting them right. Try to use the default places for your TLB's and menus so Autocad doesn't mess up and lose them.
I hate the folder name "My Documents". It sounds too kindergartenish.
Reply to
SunnyB