mozilla

Anyone here using Mozilla Thunderbird for there e-mailer? I thought it was pretty cool until I tried to send a plot file. It sent it as text. Useless!!

Rudy Kazuti wrote:

a concensious e-mailer always ZIPs there files before they send them. thus elimenating those issues
I'm told Thunderbird is intended for home use. Is that true can it be deployed on a network with shared inbox and address book????

Useless!!
I agree about zipping files for e-mail but I have a 74 yr old architect friend who doesn't know how to unzip.
In a previous post Rudy Kazuti says...

Make the files self-extracting. The resulting file will end in EXE and may not make it past some anti-virus software. You may need to name it Filename.EX_ and then have the end user rename it to Filename.EXE and then double click to extract.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

second that.
but is it possible there is any person who can use a plot file and not a zip file ?????????????