nudge

Is there a way to "nudge" an object w/keyboard arrows? Trying to make very slight moves on a drawing and it's very tough to use a mouse.

I am new, btw!

Thanks!

Reply to
jlab13

Is your SNAP setting set to "OFF" ?

Dr Fleau Little known fact: The ESCAPE key won't have the desired effect if you're in prison

"jlab13" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Dr Fleau

(:-))

There are many ways to move an entity: by a distance, parallel to a line, to the end of a line, middle of a line, centre of a circle, etc., etc.

As has been mentioned - ensure that 'Snap' is off, or any move will jump from snap point to snap point.

Brian.

Reply to
briansalt

Yes, I have snap off. I'm just trying to see if there's a way to very slightly nudge an object left, right, etc. Kinda like the way you can in programs like Photoshop, MS Publisher, etc.

Thanks!!

Reply to
jlab13

you can enter any number you wish & it will move that far... 10000000000 or .0000000001 the possibilities are infinite

Reply to
longshot

AutoCAD is not a graphics program, and the exact position and size is usually the most important thing about a cad model.....

Having said that, a small macro could be programmed into a custom toolbar for your purposes, or you could use lisp in the button like this:

(command "move" pause "" "0,0" "0,1")

which will move a single selection up one unit.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich