Phar Lap err 35

Could some one tell me what: Phar Lap err 35: The 386 chip is currently executing in virtual 8086 mode under the control of another
program. You must turn off this other program in order to use 386|DOS-Extender to run in protected mode. ...
I'm attempting to make an old 486-33 run ver 11 Acad, Dos 6.22 - for a friend. It ran before on this same pc and I know of no programs running. How or where can I check? Is there some sort of patch available? I'm using all the old setups and bat files from 15 years ago. Did a google and found nothing.
Regards, JL
Go here and do a search for your error ... http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID
--

Gilbert L. "Chip" Harper

Web: http://www.hot4cad.com

Thanks Chip, This is a valuable link - - but it deals with ver 12 and later. I have 11. Found a couple of hints that may be worth testing.
The strange thing is that it worked 10 years ago - when the soldered in CMOS battery died. I have now overcome this hurdle with a phone battery, grinding and alligator clips <grin>.
jl
I suspect Phar Lap should NOT be running on a 486 system. I do not recall how it is initialized but I would check config.sys or autoexec.bat.