Re: Autocad drawings, copy onto CD-RW

Any one got any tips on transferring drawings between PC's on CD media. >

> I find the drawings are stored as read only and I have all sorts of problems > copying them from one PC to another. > > Need to do this to print of copies on the A1 plotter in the office. > >

A USB memory stick should do, they come in sizes from 16MB up to 256MB and they are not expensive.

Cas

Reply to
Cas

Depending on the version of AutoCAD you are using, you can use e-transmit to create a directory of all the items needed to successfully display your drawing on another PC. Fonts, Xrefs, color/style tables etc, etc.

The read only thing has already been cleared up, so hopefully this should sort all your problems (if you have e-transmit available!!)

Reply to
Mr Nick