Re: Text Halo effect?

No such options in AutoCAD; however, you could use a font with "built-in" shading, such as one of the many "fancy" TrueType fonts floating around. ___

I would like the text to stand out and I'm wondering > if it's possible to easily add a halo or shadow effect around each > text character
Reply to
Paul Turvill

It takes some management by the drafter but this woks VERY nicely: Copy the text at issue "in place" You now have a duplicate on top of the original text object. If using .ctb's, change the "bottom" text object to a layer that is color

255 (white) and VERY thick (0.07", etc.) This creates a cool white "glow" around the black text and it reads real nicely.
Reply to
Randy Jones

I see that you're in the Geotechnical side of drafting. Anyhow, you may just concider doing what the people at my company do, and Use lareger text, with either using the Bold or Italic features. If your using color you could just use a different color...

If you don't like those options, try creating a single line of text in a grey color. Copy that text, change the color, and then place the text ontop of the original text, but slightly off ceter, that will give the effect desired.

Hope that helps. Dan s.

Reply to
Dan S.