Req: Extruding pipe from elipse to circle X-section

Hi!
Posted this one a few months ago, but didn't get any clear answers:
I'm trying to draw a pipe which tapers along a user defined path, but
which starts with eliptical cross section, and finishes with circular
cross section, morphing smoothly between the two.
I noticed a previous posting requesting info on a related problem of
how to do tapered extrusion of elipses into conoids, but it didn't
produce any answers.
:-(
Is there any way to do the above using existing AutoCAD2002 tools ?
Any LISP routines or affordable 3rd party tools out there that will do
the job?
Many thanks in anticipation
Dave
Reply to
dave
HiHO; The least expensive program that will do a taper-morph is rhino from
the other is catia and it's expensive and hard to learn. Check out the examples on the rhino site.
Reply to
bestafor
Turbocad Pro will do it with ease and is about $200.00 less than Rhino. Others that can do this (on the expensive side) besides Catia are Pro Engineer, Inventor, Solid Works, Solid edge, Alebre Design. I'm sure there are more.
Reply to
CW
Many Thanks both ! Will check out the packages you suggest. Are there any add-ons to do it directly from AutoCAD without having to buy & learn new software packages ?
Dave
Reply to
dave
Does it need to be a solid? You can do it as a surface mode using ruled surface.
Reply to
JR