Span of a cedar beam

Does anyone know the the maximum span of a 4x12 cedar beam? It would be used in an outdoor arbor, with minimal load.

used
That's not enough info to determine it. What does "minimal load" mean? Is there a snow load to consider? Are there going to be crossing rafters or some sort of trelliswork supported by the beam? Will hanging pot/plants be hung from the beam? etc....
Michael (LS)
? Will hanging pot/plants be hung from the beam? etc....

I wouldn't answer the question about the pot plants if I were you <G>
You want to post this kind of message to alt.engineering.for.free or some other such group..... ; D
Seriously, If you want to know what it will carry you have to do the calcs. You could download a free trial version of some structural software. See http://tinyurl.com/23lof , or you could get a book from a library read it.... (This is an AutoCAD group)
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

<Snip>
W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan
Works for me today......

and remember...cedar is not comparable to pine.

used