Trojan file on installation disk?

My desktop has some bad symptoms so, to buy some time, I decided to install my R2005 onto my laptop.
My AntiVir immediately popped up with an alert to "A virus or unwanted
program was found!"
The file is found on the installation disk, path \Bin\DSAction.exe. AntiVir claims it is the TR/PCK.Krap.B.221 Trojan.
As a little background, my R2004 license permitted one update. I then was permitted to download the next version, during that period, which I immediately put to this CD. This may be the first time I've ever tried to install from it.
Should I allow this file or is this a false alert?
Len
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:35:07 -0600, Fatfreek je nakrabao:

Make system partition backup and try!

I don’t understand what you tried. Did you tried to install with disabling AV after you backed up your system drive?
"As a little background, my R2004 license permitted one update."
Do you have a subscription for AutoCAD? If so you would have every version since 2004. If not, your license didn't give you an automatic upgrade to 2005 since Autodesk does not do that.
"I then was permitted to download the next version, during that period, which I immediately put to this CD. This may be the first time I've ever tried to install from it."
It sounds to me like you downloaded some bootleg copy of AutoCAD from a site other than Autodesk. As I stated before, unless your 2004 license is on subscription you are not entitled to an automatic upgrade to 2005. And if you have a current subscription you would have very version up through 2009. I have been installing and supporting AutoCAD since version 12. I have never seen an executable from Autodesk, whether on disk or downloaded from the website, that is corrupted with a virus. Your machine probably already had the virus and when you ran the install it became apparent.
As for Vista, what would lead you to belive that 2004 would work if 2005 is incompatible? The only versions that are compatible with Vista are 2007, with the service pack, 2008, and 2009.
On Jan 22, 4:29am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just dump AutoCAD and get the latest version of progeCAD 2009 Professional. It supports all the major file types, most of the APIs including AutoLISP, and the drawings it creates can be opened in AutoCAD. 1/10th the price, no learning curve for AutoCAD users, same menus and commands, runs on Vista. get a free 30 day trial at <a href="http://www.icadsales.com ">www.icadsales.com</a>