XREF>BIND........Invalid!

anyone know of a reason why an xref will not bind? (layer is unlocked, as are all nested layers)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Could it be because there's an xref nested inside?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

go to autodesk.com and search for xref bind invalid

Reply to
Randy Jones

Are there any proxies in the drawing. Some proxy objects are set as non-copyable and will prohibit xref-bind.

Henrik Vallgren

"Michael Bulatovich" skrev i meddelandet news:angSa.9531$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Henrik Vallgren

I think you may have got it, Henrik.

What are proxies anyway?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Using ObjectARX, one can add new classes of objects to AutoCAD. This is done by adding an DBX application. If you open a drawing that contains such an object, without having the application that defines it, that custom object is turned into a proxy.

I may be able to help you. Contact me by email.

Henrik Vallgren

"Michael Bulatovich" skrev i meddelandet news:NyNYa.7270$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Henrik Vallgren

Detach X-Ref. Purge all. If you were going to Bind it, you might as well just insert it at this point. Saves the trouble of any future Bind issues.

Reply to
Duff

This was so long ago I don't remember the circumstance, but I think binding was some last ditch effort.... I don't bind typically.....I was curious about the inability.....

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich