XREF>BIND........Invalid!

anyone know of a reason why an xref will not bind? (layer is unlocked, as are all nested layers)

Could it be because there's an xref nested inside?

go to autodesk.com and search for xref bind invalid

Are there any proxies in the drawing. Some proxy objects are set as non-copyable and will prohibit xref-bind.
Henrik Vallgren

I think you may have got it, Henrik.
What are proxies anyway?

as
Using ObjectARX, one can add new classes of objects to AutoCAD. This is done by adding an DBX application. If you open a drawing that contains such an object, without having the application that defines it, that custom object is turned into a proxy.
I may be able to help you. Contact me by email.
Henrik Vallgren

Detach X-Ref. Purge all. If you were going to Bind it, you might as well just insert it at this point. Saves the trouble of any future Bind issues.
This was so long ago I don't remember the circumstance, but I think binding was some last ditch effort.... I don't bind typically.....I was curious about the inability.....

as