Re: Why Autocad Software cannot open DWG file ??

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:44:27 +0800, "Mr. LAU Chi-Ming"

You've got a Autocad 2004 file there which is a brand new dwg type with compression and security features.
********************************************************************* In Life: You spill your cereal at breakfast, you get fired from your job, your dog dies, and your house burns down. Computer Equivalent: Virus Detected.
In Life: You've finished a 900 page novel. Your life's work. You will be a famous author world-wide; but then, it falls into the lit fireplace. Computer Equivalent: Quitting without saving.
In Life: A solution to all problems is found. World peace is achieved, all conflicts end, and everyone is happy. Computer Equivalent: Ctrl+Alt+Del ---Jackal
knowledge to say:

The drawing was last saved in AutoCAD 2004 format. You need to upgrade or have the sender save the drawing in a version you can handle.
If you need to access the file this weekend, feel free to email it to me and I will convert it to a format you can open, otherwise as the person that sent it to you to saveas 2000 dwg format.
--

Chip Harper