Anvil wanted

Hello, I'm in the market to buy an anvil - so if any of you have one you would like to sell, I'd be interested, especially if it's in or
near California.
Raffo.
Where are you ?
Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder
Raffo wrote:

-
Da - didn't see Ca on the bottom for some reason. To far from around here. Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder
Raffo wrote:

-
Martin, Where is "around here" I'm looking for a decent anvil in or around the North Florida region.
Thanks, Nathan
Deep Texas. Oh well.
Martin
Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder
nhurst wrote:

-
Deep East Texas - Near Lufkin
Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder
Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

-
Just a thought -- have you tried the California Blacksmiths Association? It's a great group of people, and a lot of fun. During the various events they usually have people selling various blacksmithing accouterments.
You can find out more at http://www.calsmith.org .
If you're looking for a decent inexpensive anvil, you might try Harbor Freight. They sell a 110 pound anvil that's good for the price (about $95). It's a little soft, but great to learn on. It's certainly ugly, though.
You might be better off trying to find a piece of railway track to use until you can afford to purchase an anvil that will keep your skills growing .The chinese anvils are best used as boat anchors. paddy p the wannabe
"Toolgypsy" wrote:
The chinese anvils are best used as boat anchors.
But, a chinese anvil is better than nothing. I'm having to start out on a little 55lbs Harbor Freight anvil.
Rodney