Apr 12 test

ASDF asdf sdfg

theChas wrote:

An A for effort. B- for spelling.
I'd give it a C, because the work is not shown, but it looks like a B for final, because I was overruled.
Somewhat lacking in composition, but use of the shift key, duly noted!
Cheers Trevor Jones
:-)
Have you injured your right hand?
Pete Stanaitis ------------------
theChas wrote:

If you're typing those letters with your right hand there's something definitely wrong ;-)
Regards Charles
spaco wrote:

***************** I apologize for the drivel...my newsgroup server went kaput and I was trying to remedy it.
. . . .As long as I'm here, I really need an easy recipe for a patina that will keep the rust from eating up the small things I am making, to learn the craft. . . . .And I need to know how to temper a Hardy hot cut made of OCS. . . . .And I need to know how to re-temper OCS (I'm making a flat strap (7/8" by 1/8+") loop spring for a 'Vee' upper and lower swage device, (to form the tong noses). I took the advise and got a lighter hammer. Now after a few days of beating I am getting the tong handles (my first attemt at making tongs) nearly rounded and extended. And I made the rivet device as directed here. I made some of those tripple leaf things...flur delees(sp). I had to cool the unheated end in water so I could hold them with my hand. They just jumped out of the plain flat nosed tongs I have, and were dangerous. It really made for a lot of extra heats. So tongs are a big item right now. I may make up half a dozen and take them to my instructor and used his 25# Little Giant to do the SOR job. . . . .Please have some patience with me. I'm 70, and after a lifetime of cold iron hammering, I'm enjoying the propane forge. It's almost like turning off and on a light switch. . . .thanks to 1 & all for the help.