Enlarging a hardie hole ?

I have a whole bunch of stakes intended for a 1 1/8" (one and one eighth inch) hardie hole but my anvils hardie hole is a tad too small - probably
nominal 1".
Any suggestions for enlarging the hole before I spend an age with a grinder reducing all the stake shanks? It's too hard to file, and I've got nowhere fast with a carbide burr on an airdrill.
Andrew Mawson Bromley, Kent, UK

eighth
probably
grinder
on an

were
top plate

Mike,
Truth be told I have both stakes and hardie tools that fit the bigger socket - just that it was a particular stake I wanted to fit when I typed up the posting. Some time back I did attack several of the hardie tools with an angle grinder and made them fit but as I have a source of the bigger tooling it makes sense to alter the anvil if possible.
I did consider using a rivet gouge in my oxy-acetylene cutter but that seems a bit drastic !
Andrew Mawson Bromley, Kent, UK
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:10:33 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew Mawson"

Forge the shanks down - propbably faster than grinding. Use a big hammer and a set