A metal worker heard from - Hard to believe!

Netscape popup - the only one I don't mind had this one tonight :

" Lightning Strikes a Couple--In Their Bed

If thunder and lightning don't spook you, this story might make you think twice the next time severe weather strikes. When a ferocious thunderstorm hit Porsgrunn, Norway last Friday night, Idar Roenningen and Charlotte Amundsen had trouble sleeping through the booming thunder. But that wasn't the worst of it. They got the shock of their lives--literally--when lightning struck their cast-iron double bed, reports The Associated Press.

It was a direct hit. The blast lit up their bedroom. Roenningen described the flare in the room as looking "like 10 welder's torches." The lightning struck the bed and then traced through the electrical sockets in the room, leaving only smoke in its charred wake. The couple survived unscathed thanks to pillows that apparently insulated them from the lightning hit. Still, why take chances that lightning won't strike twice? They spent the rest of the night on the sofa.

"I think I'm more afraid of lightning now than I'll ever be," Roenningen confessed to AP. One blessing: Their 5-year-old son, Jonathan, who likes to sneak into his parents' bed in the middle of the night, was away on a holiday break. "

I liked the remark - 'like 10 welder's torches.' - got to be a good man!

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn